your Strategic Partners
Accounting and planning for profitable business growth
Research & Development (R&D) Applications
Research and Development (R&D) tax credits are incentives provided by the government to encourage businesses to invest in research and development activities. These credits are designed to promote innovation and technological advancement by offsetting a portion of the costs associated with qualifying R&D projects.
Businesses engaged in eligible R&D activities can claim tax credits or deductions as a way to reduce their overall tax liability. To qualify for R&D tax credits, a business needs to meet certain criteria that demonstrate the innovative and experimental nature of their activities. This might include activities like developing new products, processes, or technologies, improving existing products or processes, or conducting experiments to solve technical challenges.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions you may be eligible to claim R&D Tax Credits;
- Have you tried to develop or design a new or improved product?
- Have you produced prototypes, mock-ups, or samples as part of your work?
- Have you performed any form of technical or scientific problem-solving?
- Failed to overcome a technical problem the first time or had to abandon a project for technical reasons?
- Have you sought to design systems or products to overcome limitations in existing technology?
- Undertaken any form of technical testing on a product or solution?
- Have you had difficulty in trying to integrate/combine different systems or components?
- Have you developed new or improved processes or systems, e.g. to make them more efficient?
- Have you sought to improve the performance or the specification of an existing product?
- Have you tried to develop a clever solution to a technical problem?
- Have you had difficulty meeting a customer’s technical requirements on a contract or tender?
- Undertaken specialist design work involving technicians/engineers/scientists/developers.
- Have you developed complex software systems in-house or involving the use of external consultants?
Claiming R&D tax credits involves a documentation process, as businesses are required to provide evidence of their eligible R&D activities and associated expenses. At Steve Pye & Co we partner with tax professionals to ensure they properly identify and document your qualifying R&D efforts to maximise your tax benefits. If you think you may be eligible to claim please get in touch with us to have a more detailed conversation about the benefits and the next steps for your application.
For SME Owners
Our accounting services for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) offer tailored financial solutions to support your business’s growth, streamline operations, and ensure compliance.
As someone at the helm of a business, we understand that the journey can sometimes feel overwhelming and isolating. That’s why we’re here to help.
We know that navigating the landscape of corporate business operations requires more than just numbers – it demands a strategic approach and attention to detail.